What anime should I watch next?
AniDB provides two easy facilities for recommending anime to users:
- You need to have a mylist, and have voted for 30 or more anime before the last routine maintenance.
- Suggestions are automated, based on a range of tweakable parameters.
- These are hand-created links between similar anime, with short explanations.
- Not all AniDB entries have a corresponding AniRec entry.
- To make recs yourself or add a new entry, see the Anime Planet forum.
There are are also other ways you might find something interesting:
Types of anime
If you want anime with a certain style or theme, browse AniDB by category.
Japanese animation awards:
- Mainichi Awards - animation awards since 1962
- Japan Media Arts awards and Jury Recommended Works, homepage in Japanese, English, and Korean.
- The ever-changing AniDB top ten - you too can spam vote it!
- AnimeReactor Community picks for 2003, 2004, 2005
For reviews, see Recommended Links#Anime Reviews.
If you must ask people on a forum or IRC for recommendations, it's impossible to give useful answers without knowing what kind of thing you like. First check your profile to make sure your mylist and votes are publicly visible. Then give a link to
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=mylist&uid=<your_uid_here> - you can find your uid number in brackets after your nick in your myplace. This should give people a rough idea of the kind of thing you're after.