Deprecated files are files, which for several reasons (listed below) are normally of no interest to users. If you have enabled the "Use ajax where available" option in your profile, those files will be listed with light red background in the file area in the anime entries. They can be completely hidden by setting the "Hide deprecated files on anime page" option in your profile ( on AniDB).
Criteria for marking file deprecated
A file will be marked deprecated if it meets any of the following criteria:
- the episode has 50 or more users in total, this file has 3 or less users, and it's not marked as verified CRC (ie, CRC not verified, or CRC invalid).
- the file is marked as "invalid CRC".
- the quality of the file is set to low or worse.
- another file by the same group with the same version exists and is marked as file with verified CRC, while this file is not (this more or less implies that this file has a invalid CRC after all).
- another file by the same group with a newer version exists and is marked as file with verified CRC.
There is one exception:
- files which are 48 or less hours old will not be marked deprecated.
Even if a file is marked as deprecated, it will not be hidden if it meets any of the following criteria:
- the file is in your MyList
- the file has more than 50 users
- the file is 7 or less days old
- hiding deprecated files would only leave one or no files for this episode