The Profile section contains various settings which change the behaviour and appearance of Anidb. So you should have a look at the settings after registering and from time to time after that as new features get added once ina while you might miss out otherwise ;)
use those options to change your password and/or Email for your AniDB account.
|Note:||If you change your email address a new activation email will be sent to your new address and your account will be disabled until you click the link in the activation email.|
Here you can specify who may view your anime list and under which conditions. There are different actions you may allow for four different user groups. I.e. you can use this to hide your anime list from all or only from some other users or you can give external people access to your anime list.
The following restictions are possible:
Note: Admins can always see everything about you regardless the restrictions you set here.
see me in userlist
- This user group may see you and some of your stats in the userlist.
see my animelist
- This user group may open your animelist and see a list of all anime titles you have. Depending on the other permission settings they may be able to view your eps/files/storage/viewed and source info.
see storage list
- This user group may see the storage info of files in your animelist.
see source list
- This user group may see the source info of files in your animelist.
see viewed list
- This user group may see the status (viewed/unviewed) of files in your animelist.
see ep info
- This user group may see the list of episodes you have in your animelist.
see file info
- This user group may see the list of files you have in your animelist.
see state info
see my votes
- Allows other users to see a list of all your anime votes.
see my wishlist
see my userpage
- This column specifies which actions are allowed if a user accesses your animelist via the URL and password you have set @ "Set Guest Passwd".
- This column specifies which actions are allowed if one of your Buddies accesses your animelist. You can define who is a Buddy by adding them to your Buddylist.
- This column specifies which actions are allowed if a normal AniDB user accesses your animelist. Everybody who is logged in and not an AR Member falls into this category.
- This column specifies which actions are allowed if somebody accesses your animelist without logging in first. Everybody who has either not signed up or not logged in falls into this category.
Set Guest Passwd
This is the password needed to gain access to usergroup "Passwd" and its access right on your animelist. Template:Eyecatch2
Once you set a password and gave some access permissions to the group "Passwd" in the "Change Permissions" field of this page you can give the url which is shown below the password field to other people to allow them access to the specified actions/infos of your animelist.
Set Master Account
By setting a master account you can link your mylist to that of another anidb user. This means that you will see that users mylist as if it were your own.
Show Table Headers
- With this setting you can enable/disable the table headers on the anime and mylist pages.
- As a new user you might want to have them enabled, but once you know what the colums stand for you might consider switching this off in order to fit more info on one screen.
Show File Info in MyList
- With this setting you can specify wether you'd like the episode entries in your MyList to be expanded (option enabled) or folded (option disabled) by default.
Notify by Popup
- With this option you can specify if AniDB should open a popup window once new notifications are available.
Clear notifies when opening notification history
No Message Popup
- By enabling this option you can suppress the notification popup for new private messages.
Notify by Mail
- With this option you can specify if AniDB should send you an email once new notifications are available.
Hide group info box on anime page
Show Hentai (Adult Content)
Hide Hentai Images (Adult Content)
- This option lets you still view details of hentai and they will still show up in your searches, but no images will be displayed; this is good if you are in a "work safe" environment (as opposed to NSFW).
Hide kanji titles in animelist
Hide other titles in animelist
Hide deprecated files on anime page
Hide generic files on anime page
Hide raw files on anime page
- If enabled, all files with japanese audio and no subtitles will be hidden on the anime page by default.
Notify if a group drops an anime
- If enabled, AniDB will send you a message whenever a group drops an anime. However, this is only done if you have at least one file of that group and anime combination in your mylist, meaning you have been collecting files by that group for that anime.
- It is a good idea to enable this option if you're using anime notifications of type "group" as you might otherwise miss the fact that "your" group is not going to release any more files for that anime.
Notify if entries I added are changed
Notify if entries I edited are changed
Notify if a favourite reviewer posts a review
Notify if a new relation is added to an anime you collect
- If enabled, AniDB will send you a message whenever a relation between two animes is added and you have at least one file of one of the animes in mylist and no file of the other one. The idea here is to get notified about newly announced sequels and other related animes for everything which you are collecting.
- Your anime notification settings do not affect this function. Meaning you will receive these relation-added notifications even for animes which are not on your notification list.
Notifies only for files in my language (audio and subtitles)
- Once this option is enabled you will only receive file-added notifications for animes on your notify list, if the file has at least one audio and one subtitle stream which each match at least one of your prefered languages as set under "File Audio/Sub Language Preference". Do not check this option without selecting any languages!
Show fine grained vote options
- Adds additional *.5 rating options to all voting dropdowns. Use this if you feel that something lies "inbetween" the normally available rating options.
Hide awards on anime page
- If enabled, the awards information box will be hidden on the anime page. This can be used to save screen space if you're not interested in that information.
- The award information box shows small images for animes which have been awarded things like Anime Reactor Community (ARC) Awards, Top 10 Status and others.
Hide parody eps on anime page
- If enabled, the parody episodes are hidden on the anime page. Parody eps are normally shown under "P" at the bottom of the anime page.
Hide foreign titles on anime page
- (see: language preference)
Hide short titles on anime page
Show language of ep titles on anime page
Hide synonyms in anime lists by default
The anime list, including normal and advanced search, has a filter Hide synonyms that hides all titles except main titles. This option allows you to enable this filter by default.
These settings control the default languages for animes and episodes.
Default anime title type
Choose your preferred language for anime titles.
Note: anime titles default to romaji if there is no title in your selected language.
Default episode title type
Choose your preferred language for episode titles.
Note: episode titles default to english if there is no title in your selected language.
File Audio/Sub Language Preference
These settings are for filtering files by language and applies to:
- Latest files
- Wish list
- Notifications (enabled here)
- Group status box in anime page
- XML (ajax pages, files in anime3 not conforming to lang options are hidden by default)
Entries per page
Set the default number of rows displayed in tables with paging capabilities (prev/next).
- This option enables the passive watchfeature. It allows you to mark files watched while just changing your nick.
Allow NickWatch Comment
Hide myself in IRC stats
- Chii[AR] allows users to query top10 stats. The result is posted to the irc channel. If you're listed in the top10 this might expose your nick to the public. If you don't want this then activate this option.