The Profile section contains various settings which change the behaviour and appearance of Anidb. So you should have a look at the settings after registering and from time to time after that as new features get added once ina while you might miss out otherwise ;)
AniDB hosts some custom stylesheets for your viewing pleasure, to see them you just need to go to your profile ( on AniDB) and select the one you wish to use using the NEXT and PREV buttons to see a thumbnail, optionally you can view a screenshot of the style by clicking the link below the thumbnail. When you are happy with one style just click apply.
If you created your own style for AniDB and want to share it with everyone else please send a PM to deridiot @ AniDB
You might also want to periodically check AniDB:Markup DEV for a list of the latest AniDB changes with CSS implications.
The sourcecode of all release versions of the CSS styles listed on this page is available via SVN. The sourcecode has migrated to Git. See AniDB:CSS Dev on details to obtain a copy.
By HTTP: http://dev.anidb.net/websvn/
|Note||If you are using a custom CSS stylesheet please make sure you are basing your work on some current available stylesheet and test to see if the images you are using are still in use after each AniDB release.|
Further pages of interest, if you plan to create your own AniDB Style:
- AniDB:Page layout - general page structure
- AniDB:Markup - anime page structure
- AniDB:Markup DEV - recent structural changes
- AniDB:CSS Dev - information on how to get the source of existing styles
No message popup
- By enabling this option you can suppress the notification popup for new private messages.
Show table headers
- With this setting you can enable/disable the table headers on the anime and mylist pages.
- As a new user you might want to have them enabled, but once you know what the colums stand for you might consider switching this off in order to fit more info on one screen.
Show fine grained vote options
- Adds additional *.5 rating options to all voting dropdowns. Use this if you feel that something lies "inbetween" the normally available rating options.
Show adult content (hentai)
- This option lets you view hentai (by default is hidden). Enabling this option in conjunction with Hide pictures with adult content let's you view details of hentai but no images will be displayed for a "work safe" environment.
Hide pictures with adult content
- This option lets you still view details of hentai and they will still show up in your searches, but no images will be displayed; this is good if you are in a "work safe" environment (as opposed to NSFW).
Hide synonyms in anime lists by default
The anime list, including normal and advanced search, has a filter Hide synonyms that hides all titles except main titles. This option allows you to enable this filter by default.
Hide kanji titles in animelist
Hide other titles in animelist
Show file info in mylist by default
- With this setting you can specify whether you'd like the episode entries in your MyList to be expanded (option enabled) or folded (option disabled) by default.
- This option enables the passive watchfeature. It allows you to mark files watched while just changing your nick.
Allow NickWatch Comment
Hide myself in IRC stats
- Chii[AR] allows users to query top10 stats. The result is posted to the irc channel. If you're listed in the top10 this might expose your nick to the public. If you don't want this then activate this option.
Anime Page - General
Hide awards on anime page
- If enabled, the awards information box will be hidden on the anime page. This can be used to save screen space if you're not interested in that information.
- The award information box shows small images for animes which have been awarded things like Anime Reactor Community (ARC) Awards and other awards.
Show tabs on anime page
This will enable a tabbed interface in the anime page.
Note: This will only work for styles that are currently tab-aware, ie. sub-silver, check first.
Hide group info box on anime page
- This option lets you hide the group information area which tells you what groups are currently doing a certain anime or have already completed that anime.
Use ajax on anime page
If you enable this option, AJAX methods will be used in most of the anime page to allow for a better usability and faster usage.
Hide categories on anime page
Anime Page - Titles
Hide foreign titles on anime page
- See also: Default languages
Hide short titles on anime page
Anime Page - Episodes
Show language of ep titles on anime page
- Shows a flag for the language of episode titles.
Hide titles of unwatched episodes
- If enabled, titles of episodes you haven't watched yet will be shown as gibberish. Enable this option if you're worried about episode names containing plot spoilers.
Hide parody eps on anime page
- If enabled, the parody episodes are hidden on the anime page. Parody eps are normally shown under "P" at the bottom of the anime page.
Anime Page - Files
Hide deprecated files on anime page
Hide generic files on anime page
Hide raw files on anime page
- If enabled, all files with japanese audio and no subtitles will be hidden on the anime page by default.
Show file ids on anime page
Show file crc sums on anime page
Notifications - General
Notify by popup
- With this option you can specify if AniDB should open a popup window once new notifications are available.
Clear notifies when opening notification history
Notifications - Filter
Notify only for files in my language (audio and subtitles)
- Once this option is enabled you will only receive file-added notifications for animes on your notify list, if the file has at least one audio and one subtitle stream which each match at least one of your prefered languages as set under "File Audio/Sub Language Preference". Do not check this option without selecting any languages!
Notifications - Types
Notify if a group drops an anime
- If enabled, AniDB will send you a message whenever a group drops an anime. However, this is only done if you have at least one file of that group and anime combination in your mylist, meaning you have been collecting files by that group for that anime.
- It is a good idea to enable this option if you're using anime notifications of type "group" as you might otherwise miss the fact that "your" group is not going to release any more files for that anime.
Notify if entries I added are changed
Notify if entries I edited are changed
Notify if a favourite reviewer posts a review
Notify if a new relation is added to an anime you collect
- If enabled, AniDB will send you a message whenever a relation between two animes is added and you have at least one file of one of the animes in mylist and no file of the other one. The idea here is to get notified about newly announced sequels and other related animes for everything which you are collecting.
- Your anime notification settings do not affect this function. Meaning you will receive these relation-added notifications even for animes which are not on your notification list.
Notify by Mail
- With this option you can specify if AniDB should send you an email once new notifications are available.
Set the default number of rows displayed in tables with paging capabilities (prev/next). Selectable values are 10, 20, 30, 50, 100, 150, 200 and 250.
Default Languages Tab
These settings control the default languages for animes and episodes.
Choose your preferred language for anime and episode titles.
|Note:||Anime titles default to japanese (transcription) aka romaji if there is no title in your selected language.|
|Note:||Episode titles default to english if there is no title in your selected language.|
Audio and subtitle languages
These settings are for filtering files by language and applies to:
- Latest files
- Wish list
- Notifications (enabled here)
- Group status box in anime page
- XML (ajax pages, files in anime3 not conforming to lang options are hidden by default)
Set AniDB Password
Use those options to change your password and/or Email for your AniDB account.
|Note:||If you change your email address a new activation email will be sent to your new address and your account will be disabled until you click the link in the activation email.|
Set Guest Password
This is the password needed to gain access to usergroup Password and its access right on your animelist.
|Note:||The password may not be empty!|
A value of "none" disables password access to your animelist.
Once you set a password and gave some access permissions to the group Password on the "Permissions" tab, you can give the url which is shown below the password field to other people to allow them access to the specified actions/infos of your animelist.
Set API Key
Set Master Account
By setting a master account you can link your mylist to that of another anidb user. This means that you will see that users mylist as if it were your own.
|Note:||You will not be able to access your own mylist while a master account is set and you will not be able to modify the other user's mylist. I.e. you can't add or remove any files to/from mylist and you can't mark anything watched/unwatched (this might change in the future).
The user you specify will be notified of your request and will have to grant it before this setting has any effect.
Here you can specify who may view your anime list and under which conditions. There are different actions you may allow for four different user groups. I.e. you can use this to hide your anime list from all or only from some other users or you can give external people access to your anime list.
The following restictions are possible:
|Note:||Admins can always see everything about you regardless the restrictions you set here.|
see me in user list
- This user group may see you and some of your stats in the userlist.
see my anime list
- This user group may open your animelist and see a list of all anime titles you have. Depending on the other permission settings they may be able to view your eps/files/storage/viewed and source info.
see storage info
- This user group may see the storage info of files in your animelist.
see source info
- This user group may see the source info of files in your animelist.
see viewed info
- This user group may see the status (viewed/unviewed) of files in your animelist.
see ep info
- This user group may see the list of episodes you have in your animelist.
see file info
- This user group may see the list of files you have in your animelist.
see state info
see my votes
- Allows other users to see a list of all your anime votes.
see my wishlist
see my userpage
- Whether the specific user type (normal AniDB user, buddy, user with your guest password or guest) may access your UserPage.
- This column specifies which actions are allowed if a user accesses your animelist via the URL and password you have set @ Set Guest Password.
- This column specifies which actions are allowed if one of your Buddies accesses your animelist. You can define who is a Buddy by adding them to your Buddy_List.
- This column specifies which actions are allowed if a normal AniDB user accesses your animelist. Everybody who is logged in and not an AR Member falls into this category.
- This column specifies which actions are allowed if somebody accesses your animelist without logging in first. Everybody who has either not signed up or not logged in falls into this category.