PLEASE NOTE: Currently this is still just a draft for a capitalization policy.
The following are some rules for proper capitalization of the titles of anime and episodes.
- The first and last words of a title are always capitalized, and all except the words listed below are capitalized.
- The following are lower-case, unless they are the first word or last word:
- Articles: a, an, the
- Conjunctions: and, but, or, nor
- Prepositions that are less than five letters long: at, by, for, from, in, into, of, off, on, onto, out, over, to, up, with
- And: as (only if it is followed by a noun)
- Prepositions are sometimes capitalized:
- Prepositions are capitalized when they are the first or last word.
- Prepositions that are part of two-word "phrasal verbs" (see below for examples) are capitalized.
- Prepositions that are over four letters long. (across, after, among, beyond, ...)
- These short words are capitalized in titles. Some people occasionally forget to capitalize these:
- also, be, if, than, that, thus, when, what, is, are, do, it, so, was, has, had, have, am
- as (if it is followed by a verb)
Below is a list of some "phrasal verbs":
(These are some phrases in which the preposition needs to be capitalized.)
Put Up with
Run Out of