||You have to set an API key in your profile before auto-creqing with Avdump GUI.
A simple GUI for Avdump3 is available for CLI skeptics. The GUI package includes the most recent a version of Avdump2, but be sure to check for the latest version! Latest version: Avdump3
- Download the GUI here (portable).
- Set your AniDB user name and API password in the options menu.
- API password is set on your user settings page: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=profile
- Under the "Account" tab, create a UDP API key; it can be anything you want. It is used for Avdump3 to connect to AniDB.
- Save the options.
- Select what you want to scan from the main menu; files or folders.
- Select the stuff you want to scan (... Button) (you can select multiple files at once).
- Click Start.
For further Assistance join IRC:anidb and bug Der Idiot.
For Vista and Windows 7 permission issues on installation:
- Create a blank .bat file.
- Insert this text into it and modify it to your situation:
"C:\Windows\System32\msiExec.exe" -i "C:\Directory\Where\Located\avdump-gui.msi"
- Right click and run the .bat file as administrator.
v2.42 - 08.01.2019 *available as auto update*
* Avdump2 Build 7080 added
v2.41 - 05.01.2019 *available as auto update*
* show error message about too long paths
* fallback to cp437 in case shell encoding fails which i guess should work?
v2.40 - 03.01.2019 *available as auto update*
* Avdump2 Build 7070 added
* show errors in filelist if we encounter one while processing a file instead of endless retrying
v2.33 - 09.11.2016 *available as auto update*
* new icon
* progressbar and status not updating
v2.32 - 09.11.2016 *available as auto update*
* options not being stored on initial start
v2.31 - 09.11.2016 *available as auto update*
* fixed drag and drop
v2.30 - 03.11.2016 *available as auto update*
* ported from python 2.7 to 3.4
* path/filename encoding woes fixed(?)
* export option removed and made implicit to be always enabled
v2.20 - 18.08.2015 *available as auto update*
* Avdump2 Build 6714 added
* dependencies updated
v2.19 - 11.11.2012 *available as msi installer & auto update*
* Avdump2 Build 6525 added
* recompiled with updated dependencies which may or may not fix some issues or cause new ones
v2.18 - 31.07.2012 *available as auto update*
* Avdump2 Build 5290 added
v2.17 - 21.09.2011 *available as auto update*
* filename encoding issue fixed
v2.15 - 13.09.2011
* Avdump2 Build 5028 added
* text fix (Optionen instead of Options. watch out for da evil germanz ja)
* can now drop files into the table to process
* speed improvement when adding lots of files at once (really only noticeable > 500)
* potentially fixing some issue with the last filehash not being shown in the export box
v2.14 - 11.09.2011
* Avdump2 Build 5000 added
v2.13 - 06.09.2011
* Avdump2 Build 4991 added
* fixes to be compatible to the new Avdump2 CLI
v2.12 - 05.09.2011 *pulled*
* Avdump2 Build 4964 added
v2.11 - 01.07.2011
* trying to scan files without having provided a username/password -> BOOM (trying to kill the subprocess without it running)
* removing already scanned files form the list and readding them will process them again even if "done" is set
(from frontend at least. avdump itself would ignore them. this would leave a couple "new" entries in the list)
v2.10 - 01.07.2011
* Avdump2 Build 4334 added
* Autoupdater implemented
* last scanned dir stored in config
* window size stored in config (unless it's maximized)
* use stderr to catch errors instead of stdout
* lots of rewriting
v2.02 - 09.06.2011
* Avdump2 Build 4320 added
* ditched subprocess module in favour of qprocess
* peek into console output and notice the user when an error happened (outdated version or wrong password/username)
v2.01 - 06.06.2011
* various nasty bugs removed
* windows can be enlarged on demand
v2.00 - 03.06.2011
* Avdump2 Build 4260 added
* rewrote the whole lot and simplified it
v1.07 - 06.04.2008
* Avdump 0.34 added
* fixed a bug with the bufferfield not allowing 16 buffer while that being the default
* made option o default when no profile exists
v1.06 - 12.02.2008
* Avdump 0.33 added
v1.05 - 13.11.2007
* thx to rar for fixing dumping of files with characters in non local codepage
v1.04 - 10.11.2007
* fix for not being able to dump files with Japanese characters in the filename
* Avdump 0.32 added and changes implemented
v1.03 - 13.05.2007
* added the console again
* fix for log, export and done paths with spaces
* added parents for the dialogues so they die with the program and can't stay open any more
* option 9 added (experimental mp3 hashing for ostdb)
v1.02 - 13.05.2007
* added error and warning dialogue boxes to prevent a couple problems
* added some exception handling for a few fields
v1.01 - 12.05.2007
* killed a nasty bug with trailing \ in the scanpath
v1.00 - 12.05.2007
* Initial release