Tutorial:How to Add Files for Dummies!
AniDB is file based. Because of this, all group release statuses in AniDB are calculated from the added files! Keep that in mind.
|Note||Do not add files that only you have: self-(re)encoded or corrupted files should not be added.|
- Verify that the group you want to add a release for has already been added (see Groups).
- If not, add the group details before continuing.
To add files to AniDB you need the ed2k links of the files. There are multiple ways to generate these. One of the simplest, which also provides AniDB with a lot of metadata (hashes, length, bitrate, codec info etc.), is Avdump2.
|Note||To use Avdump2, you need to set a UDP API Key in your profile ( on AniDB), under Profile -> Account -> UDP API Key.|
- Get Avdump GUI.
- Set your AniDB username and UDP API key
- Select what you want to scan from the main menu: files or folders.
- Select the stuff you want to scan ("..." button). (You can select multiple files at once.)
- Click Start.
- Go to the entry of the Anime in AniDB you want to add a release for
- Scroll down to the groups block on the page and click add new release.
- Open the log file from the path you set in Avdump. It should contain various lines of text starting with ed2k://.
- Copy and paste those lines into the big text area on the add new release page.
- Set the group and language options.
- Click Next.
- Set the episodes the files belong to. AniDB tries to get the episode relations from the file names, but this is not guaranteed to work correctly in every case.
Step 4 (optional)
In case a file spans multiple episodes you should add the file to the first episode it spans completely. Afterwards you will have to do one more thing:
- Go to the entry of the file where you can see all the file-related details like bitrate, codec etc.
- At the bottom of that page you will find a link called add new episode relation.
- Choose the other episode this file belongs to and hit add.
Repeat this process for any additional episodes the file spans.