Tags are per user based categories/grouping options.
Currently fully implemented, suggestions on improvement are welcome.
- add tags to an anime
- vote up or down for a tag
- list anime with the same tags
- request edit/delete for tags
- blacklist tags
- mark tags as spoiler (per anime or globally)
Adding your own Anime Tags
Tagname - Lower-case / British English
Differing from category names (e.g. "Violent Retribution for Accidental Infringement" or "Sudden Girlfriend Appearance") that use a book title caps spelling, the anime tags are spelled lower-case by default in British English!
To ensure tag naming consistency, please abide by these rules:
- Tag names are basically all lower-case, just like they would be used in sentences.
- Countries / languages: E.g. Spain, French, Japanese
- Abbreviations are kept all upper-case, e.g. SMS, CG, OP, ED, 3D.
- Names (e.g. movies, book titles): Cap the first letter of the names, e.g. Blade Runner, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
- Japanese words are spelled all upper-case.
- redundant use of existing category names - set the category instead!
- redundant use of character tags, e.g. character names, voice actors, directors, anime specific organisations, fannames, etc.
- all upper-case tag names, e.g. NEVER -> never
- avoid excessive use of ! or ?, e.g. blah!!! -> blah!
- Please try to be objective when creating tag names, e.g. "this show is crap" will certainly not help and be deleted.
When adding a new tag name, please add a description text as well. This helps all the users out there understand why you defined the tag, and will make your tags all the more valuable and useful:
- Use British English (no fancy casing)!
- Try to describe the intent / meaning of your tag as clearly as possible.
Note: Tag maintainers are much more likely to delete an obscure tag that does not have a description.
Global Spoiler? / Local Spoiler?
A tag can very well be a huge spoiler. To avoid giving away information you can either check mark it as a global spoiler (tag name is always considered to be a spoiler) or as a local spoiler (tag name is only a giveaway for the current anime).
When suggesting a tag name change, add a descriptive comment in the text box explaining your reasons.