What is it?!
A multi-episode file is a file with at least 2 episodes. Those are troublesome as AniDB can only associate 1 episode to 1 file at the moment.
How to add them to Anidb?!
- If a group releases all eps in multi-ep-files (e.g. Future Boy Conan), these files should be added to specials
- If a group releases just some files that contain multiple eps (e.g. the dual eps in Prince of Tennis), these files should be added to the first episode they contain.
In both cases, people of course still have to add generic files to their lists. That workaround can't be avoided.
In any case, it is important to have a consistent naming-scheme for special-ep-titles and file-comments that is easy to understand both for humans and programs. We came up with this:
- Naming-scheme for specials: "Episode[s] X-Y: (Titles of eps)", where X and Y can, if neccessary, be followed by a letter (a,b,c,...) to indicate partial/split episodes.
- "Episode 1-3: [...]" (contains three eps)
- "Episode 1-2a: [...]" (contains complete first ep, part of the second ep)
- "Episode 2b: [...]" (contains second part of the second ep)[/list]
- Naming-scheme for file-comments: "contains ep[s] X-Y" with the same rules as above[/list]
Additional note to reduce confusion
Why is Ebichu 24 episodes (was aired 2 episodes at a time) when Azumanga Daioh is 26 episodes? (was aired 5 episodes at a time)
This question can be answered pretty fast by checking their japanese homepages.