- 2 partially opposing Systems for Anime (which work somewhat)
- 1 System for Character (which works great)
- 1 System for Creators (which is in a state of limbo)
Tags are pretty much unmoderated, containing tons of dupes and are to a large portion fueled by bias and judgement. But people seem to like them and usage is high. Categories are used moderately to not at all. Moderation works ok-ish for these.
Character Tags are used as they should and is highly accepted. Creator Tags are suffering from a lack of clear guidance on how to use them and what to tag. This is mainly a moderation issue and we need to get our act together on this matter.
1 System with 1 data pool to fuel the different entries for simpler maintenance and less user confusion
- Verification Layer
- Weight (only applicable for anime and only 3 levels)
- Group Restriction from certain Systems (no char tags on anime level -> for example death of anime tag tsundere)
- to compensate for this character tags could be displayed based on character data
- weight could be generated based on percentages based on the number of appearances of the characters in question or the role the characters play (main character -> high weight, appears in -> low weight); obviously this isn't 100% perfect, but it should be close enough to really matter
- minor/major flagging (for filtered display purposes)
The self-healing powers of the tag system have failed imho and hence votes should be ditched in favor of weight to symbolize the importance.
There would be no predefined data pool like for categories, but unverified ones would not be displayed. Making it flexible, extensive and still hardened against trolling.
Data input would be realized analog to character tag addition. To set weight one could allow the following format from the edit box:
Alternatively or additionally there could be a massedit page build displaying the already set ones with radio buttons next to them. This should lessen the impact of dupes
- fix the anime tags data pool
- are biased and subjective tags are really needed (for anime)?
- if yes do we need a different presentation?
- is there a need for certain tags in an approved group for a certain entity to not be available or the other way around
- are there tags that would be grouped differently for different entities?/do we need groups per entity?
- do we care about spoilers or do we just accept that anything can be a spoiler and as that it's impossible to prevent spoiling?