- English pages will only get accepted as a valid source in special cases
- ANN and animenfo are NOT official or valid sources of information. neither is anidb. we all only use 3rd hand info! no need to make it 4th hand
- A Japanese page is wanted as source for sensible data like episodenumber and air/enddates: examples
allowed Source for official CRC
- CRC tag in filename (not a good source, but wokrs... kinda)
- official sfv (good source)
- CRC listing on official page/IRC topic (good source)
- recommended size: 300x400
- max size for banner: 200x500 (for groupics only)
- max size: 100kb
When to creq dates and episodes and when not
- don't creq start and enddates without a valid source!
(or "Why Japanese are extremely funny people who use 24:00+ times")
Japan uses a different timesystem than most other countries as they use 24:00, 25:00, 26:00. instead of 00:00, 01:00 and 02:00. Lets make an example to show what this means.
- 2005-07-07(木) 26:00
In regular (not Japanese time) this means:
- 08.07.2005 2:00
It's very clear that 08.07.2005 is the right date in this case. Especially official pages often list the "wrong" dates and don't include times making it harder to spot such cases. It's recommended to check a Tv schedule with times like http://cal.syoboi.jp if possible.
|Conclusion:||DON'T creq dates 1 day back if you don't know the airtime.|
ALWAYS present your source for date changes!
valid Sources for Dates/Episodes
Links in url fields
AniDB does not allow links to pages which offer direct downloads of copyrighted, protected, or otherwise illegal content. This includes, but is not limited to, pages which offer BitTorrent downloads. So please make sure that you don't add URLs (i.e. for anime or groups) which link to such pages. If the home page of a group links to BitTorrent pages, but doesn't offer any BitTorrent downloads itself, a link to the group's main page is acceptable.