Tutorial:How to Add Files for Dummies!
AniDB is file based. Because of this every release (status) in AniDB is calculated from the added files! Keep that in mind.
- Verify that the group you want to add a release for has already been added (see Groups).
- If not, add the group details before continuing.
To add a group's release to AniDB you need ed2k-links of the files. There are multiple ways to generate those. One of the simplest, that also provides AniDB with a lot of metadata (hashes, length, bitrate- & codec info etc.), is Avdump.
|Note||While this step provides details for Avdump, any application that can generate ed2k-links can be used.|
|Note||When using Avdump make sure you defined an API Key in your profile ( on AniDB)|
- Get Avdump GUI
- Set your AniDB username and API password in the options menu.
- Activate the checkbox in front of the "export ed2k links to file" option and set a path in the field next to it where the file should be saved
- Save the options.
- Select what you want to scan from the main menu: files or folders.
- Select the stuff you want to scan (... Button) (you can select multiple files at once)
- Click Start.
- Go to the entry of the Anime in AniDB you want to add a release for
- Scroll down to the groups block on the page and click add new release
- Open the log file from the path you set in Avdump. It should contain various lines of text starting with ed2k://.
- Copy and paste those lines into the big text area in the AniDB website in add new release
- Set the group and language options
- Click next
- Set the episodes the files belong to. AniDB tries to recognize some parameter from the file names, but this is not guaranteed to work 100%