Tutorial:How to Add Files for Dummies!
AniDB is file based. Because of this every release in AniDB is calculated from the added files! Keep that in mind.
- verify that the group you want to add a release for is added
- you can find some find some info regarding this here: Groups
To add a groups release to anidb you need ed2k-links of the files. There are multiple ways to generate those. One of the simplest that also provides AniDB with a lot of metadata (hashes, length, bitrate- & codec info etc.).
This step can also be exchanged with any other application that can generate ed2k-links
- get GUI
- Set your anidb username and API password in the options menu.
- activate the checkbox in front of the "export ed2k links to file" option and set a path in the field next to it where the file should be saved
- Save the options.
- Select what you want to scan from the main menu; files or folders.
- Select the stuff you want to scan (... Button) (you can select multiple files at once)
- Click Start.
- go to the entry of the Anime in AniDB you want to add a release for
- scroll down to the bottom of the page and click massf
- now open the log file from the path you set in avdump. it should contain various lines of text starting with ed2k:// etc.
- copy and paste those lines into the bit text area in the anidb website in massf
- set the group and language options
- click next
- now set the episodes the files belong to. anidb tries to recognize some parameter from the file names, but this is not guaranteed to work 100%