Which raw groups to credit
What is the problem?
When adding files from groups that release RAWs, you should make sure that the group that released it really is the originator of the file; a lot of times, RAW groups merely download a file via Winny, Share or Perfect Dark and redistribute it via BitTorrent. This is not enough in AniDB's opinion to give them credit for the file: since any other RAW group, or any other person for that matter could do the exact same thing. Some RAW groups like leet-raws go through a rigid quality control and tries to find the very best version of a file distributed via Winny or Share, and view their tags as a sort of quality-assurance; this is still not enough to credit them in AniDB's opinion, just mark the quality as better than the other versions if there are significant differences. If you know who released the file originally, then you should add their name to the file. l33t-raws has in the past been good enough to provide a list of who originally released their files via Winny or Share, but we are not sure what their current policy is. Some RAW groups do release their own RAWs, and those should be credited, but it can sometimes be a hassle to figure out which RAW group to trust in this manner. This page should provide a list of who you should credit and who you in general should not.
|Important||BUT DON'T ADD WINNY/SHARE/PERFECT DARK TRIPS!|
List of RAW groups
This list is by no means complete, and we ask you to please consider adding names to the list if you come across one; even if you do not know whether they make their own RAWs or not, add them to unknown, or make a comment in the forum.
Credit these RAW groups (sometimes)
- SaiyaMan (NOT everything. he caps a few bits himself, but a lot of his stuff is just re-tagged stuff from winny/share/perfect dark)
- MSTR - MusicSTn Raw faction (for DVD rips)
- Freelance-Raws - (for Mai-Otome DVDRips)
- BR-Raws - [ONLY for their self-ripped stuff]
- HorribleRaws (at least keitarou says so)
- Shinsen-Raws - Encode most stuff on their own from transport streams and isos(?)
- Zero-Raws - according to twnqx this group has encoded their own raws since an unknown point in time.
Don't credit these RAW groups
- anime-people raw
- DeltaAnime Raws/DA-Raws
- Freelance-Raws (only for a few self-done DVD releases)
- MCi HDRAW
- sukebe hentai
no actual groups, but mistaken filetags:
- Anime BD
- DVD-RAW (?)
- AniDB Forum topic about this (old forum)