Tags are per user based categories/grouping options.
Currently fully implemented, suggestions on improvement are welcome.
- add tags to an anime
- vote up or down for a tag
- list anime with the same tags
- request edit/delete for tags
- blacklist tags
- mark tags as spoiler (per anime or globally)
Adding your own Anime Tags
Tagname - Lower-case / British English
Differing from category names (e.g. "Violent Retribution for Accidental Infringement" or "Sudden Girlfriend Appearance") that use a book title caps spelling, the anime tags are spelled lower-case by default in British English!
To ensure tag naming consistency, please abide by these rules:
- Tag names are basically all lower-case, just like they would be used in sentences.
- Countries / languages: E.g. Spain, French, Japanese
- Abbreviations are kept all upper-case, e.g. SMS, CG, OP, ED, 3D.
- Names (e.g. movies, book titles): Cap the first letter of the names, e.g. Blade Runner, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
- Japanese words are spelled all upper-case.
- redundant use of existing category names - set the category instead!
- redundant use of character tags, e.g. character names, voice actors, directors, anime specific organisations, fannames, etc.
- all upper-case tag names, e.g. NEVER -> never
- avoid excessive use of ! or ?, e.g. blah!!! -> blah!
- Please try to be objective when creating tag names, e.g. "this show is crap" will certainly not help and be deleted.
When adding a new tag name, please add a description text as well. This helps all the users out there understand why you defined the tag, and will make your tags all the more valuable and useful:
- Use British English (no fancy casing)!
- Try to describe the intent / meaning of your tag as clearly as possible.
Note: Tag maintainers are much more likely to delete an obscure tag that does not have a description.
Global Spoiler? / Local Spoiler?
A tag can very well be a huge spoiler. To avoid giving away information you can either check mark it as a global spoiler (tag name is always considered to be a spoiler) or as a local spoiler (tag name is only a giveaway for the current anime).
When suggesting a tag name change, add a descriptive comment in the text box explaining your reasons.
Some tags are widespread in AniDB.
- zettai ryouiki
- Exposed skin between a girl's skirt and stockings. (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zettai_Ry%C5%8Diki)
- Some character is thinking too much about daily things of life, or is plain stupid. Ex: Osaka from Azumanga Daioh.
- Idiot. Stupid.
- Opposed to baka. Usually it's an alien life form, a woman doing money, or a man doing women. Ex: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
- The character in the anime is just like you in real life. Otaku.
- all hail to the tail
- Some character has a tail. Ex: Tails from Sonic X.
- so moe i am gonna die
- Any girl with cute eyes. Any animal with triangular ears. A little sister.
- emo fag
- Any guy with long hair. An emotional homosexual. Ex: L from Death Note.
- muchos emos
- Portuguese eMOnsters.
- Portuguese given name. Do not confuse with Muhammad, Buddha or Skywalker.
- There is a pink tree somewhere. Or some girl with this name. Ex: Sakura from Sakura Taisen, Sakura from Card Captor Sakura.
- cc is hot
- For all the possible animes with a character with name “cc”. Ex: Candy Candy from Candy Candy.
- Mask, theatre. Basically any super-hero on a carnival day. Ex: Zero from Code Geass, Action Kamen from Crayon Shin-chan.
- large ambition
- Wants to score.
- No cool: Hot. Ex: Tetsuo from Akira.
- Anime character. Only when all possible characters win, there is no loser.
- mahou shoujo
- Magical bitch.
- noodle people
- Ramen guys advertising. Ex: Freedom.
- There wasn't any hentai. Ex: Meitantei Conan.
- There wasn't any hentai. Something else missing in the anime, like motorbikes and cellphones in a fantasy world.
- When nobody ever ever needs to go to toilet, then it's a no-shit anime.
- random shit
- When somebody needs to go to toilet, but doesn't.
- utter crap
- Same as “quality”, but for different people.
- shit blows up
- Killer cows.
- Fusing mechas, like ♂ inside ♀.
- imma chargin mah lazer
- You can only attack after screaming the name of it out loud during 3 consecutive episodes. Ex: Kamehameha from Dragon Ball Z.
- This anime isn't as good as the world first rank Pokemon.
- This anime is as good as the world first rank Pokemon.
- There are extra adventures when you compare it to the manga: you can't possibly dream of anything better. Ex: Naruto and the curry of life.
- short story made looooong
- Long story cut in short episodes.
- gets better with time
- The last episode is good, when they all die.
- waste of time
- Same as any other.
- painful to watch
- You died laughing. The displayed time is always analog.
- Breasts moving up and down, left and right, changing shape and dancing like crazy. Ex: Jungle De Ikou!
- are those boobs ewwwwww
- When E cup is not enough, use EWWWWWW cup.
- the balls are inert
- Doesn't hurt to be kicked in the balls.
- excessive fanservice
- Not enough naked breasts and too much cloths to make it hentai.
- tissue boxes are amazing
- To clean the screen after watching excessive fanservice.
- Mother I'd Like to Fuck. Whenever there is young mother with breasts in an anime, there will always be a guy to masturbate. Ex: Weda from Hare+Guu, Masane Amaha from Witchblade.
- What The Fuck. You never tried this position before. Ex: Tokyo Tribe 2.
- Uncensored pubic hair.
- Whenever a character enjoys rinsing her vagina with toys.
- mind fuck
- Sexual depiction of a headshot.
- Back in 1917, animation movies were not dubbed. Nowadays, it is possible to find Japanese dubbed animation. Ex: Astro Boy in 1963.
- You found a fastsub of this anime.
- funky german
- Same as German. Same as funky.
- doener kebap
- Typical non-Japanese funky dish.
- When people say “yō”.
- desu noto
- Death note. Wrong spelling. Next time try your own name on it.
- A vegetable used by lolis in hentai animes. Do not confuse with carrot.
- A vegetable used by lolis in hentai animes. Do not confuse with banana.
- A fruit used by lolis in hentai animes. Do not confuse with daikon.
- over nine thousand
- Number of downloads. Ex: Son Goku from Dragon Ball Z.
- on dvd
- I burned it.
- over tagged
- Not yet all possible tags were added if “guten tagged” is missing.