If you should need further assistance setting avdump up visit us on irc://irc.zirc.org/anidb
|Note:||If you use a firewall you will have to open a port for avdump first. You can force avdump to use a fixed port with the option -port|
|Note:||It is possible to run more than one instance of avdump at once, but not more than three will work ok. At the moment only 10 sessions per ip are allowed by the server, meaning the eleventh instance will terminate the first. Also, if you suffer under NAT, running more than one instance will make it worse.|
- The password can differ from your anidb pass. You can basically set whatever you want here
4. Right-click avdump.exe, select "Create Shortcut"
5. Right-click the shortcut, add " -ac:<your username>:<your apipassword>" to the "Shortcut - Target" line
- (without the <> of course)
- Example: "C:\program files\Codecs\avdump\avdump.exe" -ac:deridiot:ilovecookies
6. Move shortcut to C:\Documents and Settings\[Username]\SendTo
- ([Username] is your WinXP LogIn-Name)
7. Right-click any media-file/folder, goto "Send To", choose avdump (or whatever you called the shortcut)
for further info read: here
it runs via wine <add more stuff>
For processing DVD's it's best to set a small blocksize. Helps to improve performance.
(default is 2048)