- By default and without asking provide a source for your change in case of:
- Total episode numbers
- Official CRC
- Official title
- Be prepared that a mod could pm you about the changes you proposed! meaning if you get pmed and don't reply in 3-7 days, depending on the mood of the mod, it's a deny as it blocks possible creqs
- DON'T creq v2/3/... files over v1 or other lower files! Add a new file instead!
The source field on a file represents the source of the raw file that was used. It is not the final version resolution. Example, you have a file with source DTV but you check the resolution and you see 1280x720, this doesn't automatically means that the file source is HDTV, it probably means you have an up-scaled version of the original DTV raw. If you are submitting a creq to change from DTV to HDTV please make sure it's actually a HDTV release not an up-scaled DTV version, in doubt check with the group that released the file.
Allowed Source for official CRC
- Official sfv (good source)
- CRC listing on official page/IRC topic (good source)
- CRC tag in filename (should be used only if no other official source is available, for official sources, refer to previous items, should be noted that you should also check the CRC of your file and compare it to the CRC in the filename, you might have a corrupt file).
- Envirosphere & Baka-Updates (3rd hand info, but kinda works. depends on the situation and the mod)
- Recommended size: 300x400
- Max size for banner: 500x200 (for group-pics only)
- Max size: 100kb
Air- & end-dates, total episodes
- Don't creq start and enddates without a valid source!
- English pages will only get accepted as a valid source in special cases
- ANN and AnimeNFO are NOT official or valid sources of information. Neither is AniDB. We all only use 3rd hand info! No need to make it 4th hand.
- A Japanese page is wanted as source for sensible data like episodenumber and air/enddates: examples
(or "Why Japanese are extremely funny people who use 24:00+ times")
Japan uses a different timesystem than most other countries as they use 24:00, 25:00, 26:00. instead of 00:00, 01:00 and 02:00. Lets make an example to show what this means.
- 2005-07-07(木) 26:00
In regular (not Japanese time) this means:
- 08.07.2005 2:00
It's very clear that 08.07.2005 is the right date in this case. Especially official pages often list the "wrong" dates and don't include times, making it harder to spot such cases. It's recommended to check a TV schedule with times like http://cal.syoboi.jp if possible.
|Conclusion||DON'T creq dates 1 day back if you don't know the airtime.|
ALWAYS present your source for date changes!
Anime titles - official titles
This type is meant to ONLY be used for titles from official releases of the anime, not your own or fansubbers' translations. Use 'synonym' for unofficial versions and other variations.
Official titles can be historical - from past discontinued releases or television airings, as well as (non-bootlegged) VHS or DVD. If there are multiple official titles from different releases, add the newest/commonest only as 'official title' and others as synonyms.
Always provide a source for this when doing a creq.
If it's licensed go check the page of the licensor or the actual episodes from the R1 material.
official titles > fansubbed ones
This excludes name changes done in cases where they just become silly.
|Note||This is a mostly untouched copy of nwa's forum post and still needs further details, proper editing and formatting.|
The following are acceptable sources for information on creators:
- Japanese wiki - if there's an entry for the person, it's generally correct.
- VIDEO - there are occasions where the creator name is actually given wrong in the video, but fortunately it happens seldom.
- http://www.allcinema.net/ - although, other than the name and list of credits for given person, there's no other info, sometimes there's the hiragana reading given, which is nice.
Creator sources really depend on what kind of a creator are we talking about, musician, seiyuu, producer or mangaka. The general source would be Japanese wiki, yes. People should also take note that the actual written name of a creator is the one given officially by Japanese source and therefore it's in most cases the kanji name. 谷口悟朗 is a proper Japanese name, Taniguchi Gorou is just the transcription of it. So when you request the addition of a new creator without providing the Official Japanese name, then you're trying to add a non-existent creator entry. Of course there are exceptions, like company names and especially musicians that officially give their names in roman letters. This does mean that if you want to add a creator without a Japanese wiki entry and who also doesn't appear on allcinema or there's no reading given for that person, then figuring out the transcription name is guesswork at best unless you can find some solid source for the reading on google, if not, then you can use for example http://tools.anidb.net/namer/ , enter the sure name and then given name (they must be added separately, can't add 谷口悟朗 at once, 谷口 first to get the surename marked as "s", then 悟朗 to get the male given name marked as "m". "f" means female given name) and just see which is the most common name by looking at the numbers, the higher the number, the more common the name, and romanise it (either with animelab or romaji.org) to get the Main Title. The namer tool, which is written by rar, doesn't feature every Japanese name given, so there can be no matches, but generally, if google doesn't return any info and the namer tool gives no matches to 1 or both parts of the name, the creator probably doesn't exist with that name.
See Staff Credits.
The following are acceptable sources for information on the cast (as in characters and seiyuu):
- VIDEO - yeah... well... as always.
- The official page for the anime - Lists the main and secondary cast generally. Sometimes gives the hiragana readings as well (from which you can get the main name).
- Japanese wiki - this should be the BEST source for characters since they most of the time also give the hiragana reading (inside brackets). And they mention seiyuu changes, generally...
- Generally, every page I gave to get the anime staff data from also lists cast, just without a reading.
One thing to note, if you add a character WITHOUT the official Japanese name and WITHOUT any links whatsoever, well that's just lame and makes it quite hard to track down the character to see if that's really his name and what not, but alas, we're not as strict with characters as we are with creators. I bet we have quite a number of characters by now whose name order is wrong or who don't meet our romanisation standards.
Links in URL fields
AniDB does not allow links to pages which offer direct downloads of copyrighted, protected, or otherwise illegal content. This includes, but is not limited to, pages which offer BitTorrent downloads. So please make sure that you don't add URLs (i.e. for anime or groups) which link to such pages. If the home page of a group links to BitTorrent pages, but doesn't offer any BitTorrent downloads itself, a link to the group's main page is acceptable.